Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Every week I get an e-mail from Babycenter telling me what my X-month old should be doing. Last week it said that he should be climbing on things and pushing large objects to stand on them to reach taller objects. I thought we must be lucky that that's not happening yet. But, I get home from work last week and sure enough, he's climbing. While we were packing for up-north, he managed to push his stroller over and then climb up through the leg space. Josh walked in the living room (which has been pretty baby-proofed until this new activity) and found Alex sitting there and called out to me to ask if I put him there? Where? ha. What a monkey.



I actually didn't go too picture crazy up north this time. He wasn't too excited about swimming or rafting, and between some long naps, he just enjoyed swinging and playing in the sandbox. He loves swinging! He goes and puts a hat on and starts running to the door yelling Siiiide (for outside!). So funny.

He also enjoyed some corn on the cob like all the adults...

The weather was so great up north all weekend - I took this picture of the sunset one night. Red sky at night...

Okay, so I've tried to take videos of Alex's new words numerous times, but Alex talks very quietly. We did get some of his new obsession lately. Him saying (er yelling) Sit down! or Get down! We think he picked it up both from daycare and at home, since he's added kitty or buddy to Get down! It's funny because he'll say so many words so quietly and then yell get down. This video is trying to recreate his sassiness that he was showing pre-camera, but it's still good. You'll hear us saying "sit" and he finishes with Down!

Also, you'll see at the end that he's finally learned to fist bump. He's been saying Boom! for months when we ask for a fist bump (we've been trying since like January lol), but in the last week and a half he's finally making a fist. He'll hold his fist in the air for people 30 ft away trying to bump! haha




I don't think Buddy's made many appearances on this blog yet, even though it's under Alex's name, it'll eventually morph into a Bannerman family blog. If you don't know my cat, he's moody. One minute he's so loving and wanting his butt scratched (yep) and the next minute he's crazy mad. Well here's one of his moods tonight - If you get a kick out of his mean cat look, you should check out the website mycathatesyou.com. This is buddy's personal version.


No comments: