Alex has been sleeping a little better in the past couple of days and it seems to have improved his attitude. He's going through another very cute phase now...
- I dropped him off at daycare earlier this week and he finally hugged his little girl friend Sophie - it was soo cute!
- We are officially in the Mine stage. If you want to help him with anything, he now says Mine! and won't let you help. Mine also means "I want" in his world. In the middle of the night when he wants to be rocked he'll walk in his crib towards the rocking chair and just cry Mine! We're not giving in though ;)
- He also is saying No a lot. It's the cutest no. It's almost a question. "Alex, will you give me a hug?" "No?.." Super cute.
- He doesn't watch a lot of TV, but often after dinner, we'll have it on for our sake. Well his favorite show is Wheel of Fortune! Once he hears the clapping (for every wheel spin, letter guess, solve, etc. - do you wonder why a toddler loves this?) he'll just sit there and clap and smile along. He also dances to the music during the final rounds.
- Last night he was building with his giant Lego blocks and everytime he added a piece, he'd yell Woooww! Then when it would fall over it was "No, no!" which is Alex for Oh no!

- Today he had his first whole apple. I gave him a cup of Dole diced apples and when he was done he kept asking for more. I didn't have any more, so I figured I'd give him a real apple. In the past he has chewed apple and then spits it out and I expected that would be the case again today, so I just gave him a small apple - whole, and showed him to bite it. Well, he ate 3/4 of it (and only spit out a little skin)! He loved it!
- We have been trying to teach Alex to say a number of things regarding football - mostly Go Blue and Touchdown. He's great at repeating us, but today while watching the UM/State game, it was tied and State scored their 2nd touchdown and completely unprompted by us, he yells Touchdown!! Umm yes Alex, it was a touchdown, but BAD TIMING! (and I hesitate to post this, trust me).
- Alex has a couple books with a Sun in the pictures and tonight he just kept pointing to the sun and saying Sunshine! Lord knows he hasn't seen any around here lately :P
- Lastly, whenever we wash Alex's hair and have to rinse it, he always kind of panicks, but in a happy, yet bothered way. Tonight was the usual, but after I put his rinsing cup aside, he surprised me...


2 comments:
That video is hysterical!!!
Post a Comment