Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cute things

This post is going to be pictureless. I have some pictures/videos to upload but just haven't gotten around to it lately. Alex is REALLY starting to develop and put some phrases together, so here are some things of note:

  • He LOVES to sing his ABC's. He makes it to about V and then starts over most times, but it's starting to come out so clear!
  • He likes to do things Loudly and Softly: animal noises, playing on the drum and telling us to sing. I was pretty happy that he knows the difference and hoped it would be handy in trying to keep his voice down, but it is such a game to him right now that when you tell him "soft" he likes to pause for a bit and then yell "LOUD"! We better not try that in church!
  • I never posted this before, but I think it is adorable that I am "mommy" and Josh is "my daddy." When he sees me, he yells Mommy! When he sees Josh, he yells "My-daddy!"
  • Yesterday Josh sneezed and before I could say anything Alex already walked towards him saying "Bless You Daddy" - both times. So sweet!
  • As with most toddlers, his favorite word is no, but the other night he was very polite about it. While we were doing our normal bedtime routine, I started to say his prayers and he said "No thank you." Later, when I moved on to singing You are my sunshine, he again said "No thank you." That song is another that he likes to sing by himself.
  • He also cracked me up because he tells us to "come on" to go play. Yesterday he grabbed his new soccor ball and said "Come on daddy. Go kick the ball."
  • Alex has been in his converted 'toddler' bed since December now. He does get out to put more toys in his bed (or his books or shoes) but he doesn't usually come out of his room. A couple nights ago, I went to check on him before I went to bed and could only open the door about 1 inch. We went through the bathroom door that also connects to his room and there he was, fast asleep with his feet agaisnt the door! Josh had to pick him up to move him to bed while I took the extra toys out and fixed his blankets. Luckily, he slept fine the rest of the night.
  • Almost anytime we're eating something that he's not, Alex will come up to look in our bowl or whatever. If we ask, "do you want some?" He doesn't say yes (but sometimes says no) - he replies "want some."
  • If you ask him if he wants to see the baby in mommy's belly, he'll lift his shirt to show his belly. I guess we'll have to work on teaching him the difference between babies and bellys.

No comments: