Friday, July 11, 2008

Catch-Up Post #2 - Houghton Lake

What would a 4th of July be without us at the Lake? Ever since I was little, this was the tradition and I'm happy that we have continued this for the most part since Josh and I have been together. It'll be a great place for Alex to grow up visiting - being able to play in the lake, ride the boat, go tubing, grill out, make some Smores and get a huge ice cream cone in the evening.

We got up to the cottage on Friday and hung with Grandma and Grandpa Shaver until Saturday afternoon. I don't Alex has ever been this tall! He was a little scared at first.


Saturday morning we got a ton of fun set up for him, including a kiddie pool and sandbox. Here he was getting ready to play.

He was really excited about his bucket!

Stopping to fill up!


And a little bit of playing in the pool. Grandma has the incriminating pic of how we got Alex to be okay with going in the pool - mom having to get in all the way and have Alex sit on my lap while I slowly lowered him into the water. I envisioned him running around, jumping in the pool, jumping out, splashing, etc., but he wasn't all about it LOL Maybe next time!

No comments: