Alex has been fighting a cold for a couple of days and today spiked a fever at over 102, so he's absolutely miserable right now. Since he's so obviously tired, we put him to bed a little early. We read a picture book (in which he tried to say every word that I said) and had his milk as usual. Next, we hugged daddy and said "nigh-nigh" like we do every night, but tonight was different. When Josh said his usual "Love You" and I repeated it, Alex said "wub woo!" OMG! Josh and I both looked at each other with huge smiles on our faces and asked him to say it again. The second time wasn't as clear, but he still tried!
About a half hour after we put him to bed, he woke up crying (he does this pretty much every.single.night), but with him being sick he did not want to go back to sleep. Both Josh and I took turns trying to quiet him and get him sleeping again. Finally I took him again and the only way he'd quiet down was with me repeatedly shhush'ing. The next thing I know, he's doing it too! lol It's so much fun to hear him talk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment