Monday, November 17, 2008

Stuck Inside and *Flashback*

Well the boredom of not playing outside much has set in. A while ago I hid some of Alex's toys so we could reintroduce them to him when he was bored with his other toys and Wow did that work!! Last year for Christmas we got him a standing giraffe toy - you put a ball in the mouth and then the ball spins down and comes out on 1 of 4 feet. I don't think he remembered what it did or how it worked, but the second he saw me carrying it up the stairs, he started clapping his hands frantically and saying "yesh, yesh, yesh..." OMG I can't wait for Christmas this year, it's going to be so fun with him THAT excited. We both agreed that we've never seen him so excited. Here's his toy -




The other toy I brought up was a plastic wheelbarrow. He loves to push things around and we had this from a decoration for my baby shower so I figured we'd try it out. Another winner, although he hated when I put things in it. He also quickly learned that his little belly fit nicely in between the wheelbarrow handles and that he could just walk without holding the handles that way.





Lastly, I need to post this video. I was trying to compare how much he grew from today to when he first got his giraffe last Christmas and I could watch this video a million times. He still laughs the same too! Anyway, he was 8 months here and this was one of the first times he was standing without our help. Of course he couldn't stand still!

1 comment:

samantha said...

LOVE the third picture - and how smart you are to hide some toys!! I need to steal that trick :-)