I'm sure you've seen Alex hanging on to his horsey and other animals in some pictures and videos. The horsey("see-see"), cow ("sow") and goat ("dote") have been his obsessions since he got them for Christmas. He has to have them at all times. When he eats, if we haven't snatched them away from him, he lines them up on the table so that they are all facing him. As Josh pointed out, Alex doesn't let the animals talk to each other. One of his favorite games to play is to hide an animal, look at us and say "Where's Horsey?" We say, I don't know, where is horsey? and he'll pull it out and say "Horsey!!"
One conversation that has taken place more than a couple times is when he can't find an animal.
Alex: Where's sow?
Me: I don't know, where is your cow? Have you looked in the kitchen?
Alex: Bucka-bucka!
Me: No, not chicken, kitchen!
He thinks he soo funny! LOL But I love it.
Also, because he loves his animals so much, Josh ordered more: another horse, a donkey and a bunny. When I got home with Alex the day they came, they were waiting for Alex right there on the floor. After I straightened him out on the donkey and bunny (he thought they were a horse and kitty), he wouldn't set those 3 down. He wanted NOTHING to with his old yellow horse that he's been so inseparable from for over a month. He lined up his new animals while he took a sip of water, so I put the old yellow horse in the lineup too, but he immediately stopped, handed me the old horse back and said No, no! Then, he'd play hide the horse with his new, dark grey horse, and say "Where's See-see?" I pull out the old yellow horse and he threw it across the floor!
The only time he actually wanted the old horse, goat and cow for a second was when I made him put the new ones away for the night. After a couple days of playing only with the new animals, he back to loving his yellow horse the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment